Google+ The Marketing Survivalist: Full Disclosure – I’m no longer unbiased about marketing consultants

Full Disclosure – I’m no longer unbiased about marketing consultants

I write so often about using outside vendors that I need to tell you all that I have recently become one. I try as much as I can to make this blog about you and not about me, but humor me this one time and let me share what I’m up to.

I left my current employer last Friday and have been busily setting up my consulting business. As those of you who know me understand, I love to write and to tell people what to do. Consulting is perfect!

All jesting aside, I’ve always loved the Zig Ziglar saying, “You can get everything in life you want if you just help enough other people get what they want.”

I learned that while in sales and driving around Chicago early in my career. I actually think I spent more time on the expressways than in customer’s offices so I heard it a lot as I listened to Zig’s tapes. (CDs weren’t invented yet)

This saying has been a primary motivator behind my marketing career. You might even say I’ve been using it as my mission statement. Although I certainly didn’t write it, it feels like mine. And, it’s an attitude that has served me well over the years.

In marketing, I can get everything I want if I help enough sales people get what they want. As a manager of marketing teams, I can also help other marketers get what they want by mentoring them. Now, as a consultant, I can help other businesses get what they want by helping them avoid so many of the mistakes that marketers make.

I’m really looking forward to this new chapter in my career and I’m eager to continue to reach out to all of you through my blog and help you get what you want out of your marketing campaigns and careers. Thanks for keeping me on your reading list.

All the best!

Melissa Digg Technorati Delicious StumbleUpon Reddit BlinkList Furl Mixx Facebook Google Bookmark Yahoo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Rank or Vote for This Blog