Google+ The Marketing Survivalist: LinkedIn Rides to The Rescue

LinkedIn Rides to The Rescue

I’ve had this blog for quite some time and I’ve really enjoyed writing for it. I’ve been a little disappointed with the sparse number of comments I’ve been getting. I didn’t think it was my topics so I thought it might have been my writing.

Finally, Mark Smith from InTouch, told me that it was a bit of a hassle leaving a comment because you had to sign-up for a Google account. I hadn’t uncovered that in my own testing because, of course, I already have an account. Thank you, Mark!

Not being a professional blogger, I wasn’t sure what to do. I wanted people to leave comments because that’s half the fun. I didn’t want to use a new tool because I was afraid I would lose all of the history with my blog. I was sure there had to be a way to do this within the Blogger tool, but like most people I never RT*M. (ask your IT department if you don’t get the acronym.)

I decided to ask the question in the Blogging section on LinkedIn. Pretty soon I had 8 answers. WordPress got a pretty strong endorsement from most of the respondents. With such a strong response, I may try it out in the future. And, many of the respondents told me how I could export my current blog information to WordPress so I wouldn’t have to start all over.

But, a special thanks goes to Anthony Shireman who told me in clear simple terms how to change my settings so that anyone can leave a comment. Anthony, thank you, thank you, thank you!

The generosity and helpfulness of complete strangers never ceases to amaze me. The internet is a powerful and sometime dangerous tool to be sure. But it also brings out the best in people. If you have a question, chances are good that someone on LinkedIn has an answer.

Now that I’ve changed my settings, I hope a few of you can try it out and let me know how it works.

All the best!

Melissa Digg Technorati Delicious StumbleUpon Reddit BlinkList Furl Mixx Facebook Google Bookmark Yahoo

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous04:45

    Thanks Melissa, and I'm glad there was a resolution. Hopefully now you will get the comments your writing deserves. :)

    Mark Smith

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Rank or Vote for This Blog