Google+ The Marketing Survivalist: The Race is On! - Google+ vs Facebook Business Pages

The Race is On! - Google+ vs Facebook Business Pages


Now that Google+ has opened pages up to businesses and brands, I’ve set up my business page for The Marketing Survivalist. Since I just got around to setting up my business page on Facebook last week, this should be an interesting test to see which page gains more traction.  

My Facebook page has a head start because I have more contacts on Facebook, and I already have a few posts. However, I’m still betting on Google+. Given the importance of Google’s search engine, Google+ is already mainstream in a lot of circles. (no pun intended) If you’re a marketer, especially a freelancer like me, you’d be nuts not to be on Google+. If nothing else, you need to be keeping an eye on it.

I’m really just beginning to explore Google+ but one of the things I really like is the groups. It seems similar to LinkedIn, another favorite site of mine, because it provides a platform for discussions with people with similar interests. I don’t think facebook has anything similar or at least not as sophisticated.

The one drawback to Google+ I’ve found so far is that you don’t have the ability to customize your url – yet. According to everything I’ve heard, they’re working on it though.

I invite you to visit my page, plus if you have your own business page on either Facebook or Google+, let us know about it. And be sure to let us know which horse you’re betting on!

Melissa
Digg Technorati Delicious StumbleUpon Reddit BlinkList Furl Mixx Facebook Google Bookmark Yahoo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Rank or Vote for This Blog