Google+ The Marketing Survivalist: Are book publishers behind the times?

Are book publishers behind the times?

I run across several books a week that I realy want to read on sales, marketing or business topics. Unfortunately, the inventory managers at my local bookstore don't seem to have the same interests that I do. And, I don't think my local library has bought a new book in the last ten years.

I can buy these books online, of course, but that requires that I actually wait for the book to be sent to me. Even overnight might be too long if I have a flight to China that leaves in the next hour and am looking for a good book to keep me occupied.

I would spend thousands of dollars a year on books if they were just in downloadable form. It could be e-books. It could even be audio books (unabridged please) that I could load onto my ipod. I don't care, I just want them now.

So why do book publishers insist on going through the traditional order of publishing - first hard cover, then paperback, and maybe once in a blue moon onto audio. Is it just me, or is this industry missing an opportunity? Digg Technorati Delicious StumbleUpon Reddit BlinkList Furl Mixx Facebook Google Bookmark Yahoo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Rank or Vote for This Blog